Terms and Conditions
Welcome to LibbyLane.com (this “Website”). Please take a few minutes to review these terms and conditions. The use of this Website and the sale of products and services offered on this Website are governed by the terms and conditions set forth below and all other guidelines, policies, and terms and conditions of sale appearing on this Website. Your use of this Website in any manner, whether browsing, offering your thoughts and ideas, activating an account with us, or making a purchase, constitutes your acknowledgement that you have read the terms and conditions and that you agree to follow and be bound by them, and that disputes that may arise under them will be governed by the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any conflict of laws principles. Libby Lane LLC, a Texas limited liability company (“Libby Lane”), reserves the right to update or modify these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. For this reason, we encourage you to review these terms and conditions whenever you purchase products from us or use our Website.
- Custom made: Libby Lane takes pride in the quality and craftsmanship of the items available on this Website. All items are custom made to order. As a result, each piece we produce has unique characteristics and qualities, and may not exactly resemble the images on this website.
- Made in Texas: All items in our collection are designed and produced in Texas.
- Leather: Unless otherwise specified, all of the leather used in Libby Lane designs is genuine cowhide. All leather is sourced in the United States through suppliers that follow regulation-tanning processes and guidelines. Due to inconsistencies in leather, it being an organic material, colors and qualities will differ somewhat from item to item, which helps make each item unique and one of a kind. Natural leather has imperfections and some pieces will have unique markings from the life of the cow, for example barb wire scratches. These imperfections are intentionally showcased and appreciated. These imperfections do not affect the quality, or condition of the leather pieces.
- Care: Leather, along with its dyes, needs frequent care and attention to insure a long life. Due to certain types of tanning methods, some leather is oiled, which can saturate into other materials. Accordingly, you should keep your leather goods separate from other materials and in a dust bag when not in use. Also, be aware of dyes having the possibility of rubbing off and avoid contact with any material that may transfer color pigments like raw denim. Avoid contact with water, grease, and abrasive products and avoid leaving your leather goods in direct sunlight, rain, or heat. Libby Lane recommends you leave the care of your leather in the hands of a specialist or fully research a cleaning method for your particular stain before attempting to clean your leather goods. One recommended product for regular maintenance of your cowhide is Saddle Soap (not recommend for split hide or suede). There are many creams and solvents that can weather protect, and clean your bag and handles (www.fiebings.com or www.valmour.com).
- Stock: We do not keep items in stock because our pieces are made-to-order. That means we make your pieces especially for you as soon as you order them; they do not exist before your order is placed. This allows us to put the maximum amount of care and detail into the production of our pieces creating a one-of-a-kind item just for you. Because this process can sometimes be time consuming due to volume and demand, please allow 4-6 weeks for your item to ship. Some styles might be in stock depending on colors.
- Shipping Rates: A shipping fee is added to all USA orders, as well as international orders.
- International Customs: Customers are responsible for paying customs tariffs. If packages are forfeited at customs as the result of a customer declining to pay customs tariffs, the customer must pay for return shipping.
- Exchanges: Pieces can be exchanged for anything of equal or lesser value. Any price difference on exchanges can be applied to in-store credit for the customer. Customers pay for shipping. All exchanges must be postmarked within fourteen days of receipt of purchase. Due to the uniqueness of the product, all sales are final. No returns.
-Libby Lane stands behind the products sold. If a defect arises from normal use of an item, we will repair or replace the product, or refund the purchase price, at our option, without charge and return it to you (customer will cover shipping costs to us and we will gladly pay return shipping back). This warranty does not cover misuse, theft, or normal wear and tear.
THE EXPRESS WARRANTIES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE IN LIEU OF AND SUPERCEDE (i) ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ORAL OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND (ii) ANY OBLIGATION, LIABILITY, RIGHT, CLAIM, OR REMEDY IN CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PRODUCT LIABILITY BASED UPON STRICT LIABILITY AND NEGLIGENCE.
NEITHER PARTY WILL BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, COVER, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, OR BUSINESS) RESULTING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE PRODUCTS PURCHASED/SOLD HEREUNDER OR TERMINATION OF ANY ORDER. This limitation applies regardless of whether the damages or other relief sought are based in contract or tort, including breach of contract including warranty, negligence, strict liability in tort, or any other legal or equitable theory.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these terms and conditions, our total liability under these terms and conditions shall be limited to the purchase price of the applicable order giving rise to the liability, regardless of whether the liability arises by tort, breach of contract, breach of warranty, strict liability, indemnity or any other legal cause. Customer shall to the fullest extent the law save, indemnify, defend and hold us harmless from any claim or liability exceeding this amount, regardless of cause, even if caused or contributed to by our negligence, fault or breach of duty.
Customer shall acquire no right, title or interest of any kind in, or with respect to, any of our or our manufacturers’ intellectual property rights appearing on our products or otherwise. In addition, graphics, logos, trade names and service names included in or made available through us are trademarks or trade dress of Libby Lane in the U.S. and other countries. Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not ours, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits us. All other trademarks not owned by us that appear in any of our products are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by us.
- This Website does not store or keep any credit card information, it merely encrypts the credit card numbers used in orders, and sends them to our secure and trusted merchant account provider for processing. Libby Lane is not responsible for, and you agree is not liable for, any unauthorized use or disclosure of credit card information by its merchant account provider.
- Once an order has been placed, shopping cart and address information is accessible by password only, so that we may prepare and ship your items.
- It is our intent to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you. We use a variety of processes to protection our customer data. We do not share any personal information about customers or orders with third parties; provided, however, we reserve the right to disclose your personal information to appropriate third parties if we are required to do so by law or we believe that such action is necessary:
• To comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order;
• To protect Libby Lane’s rights and property;
• To investigate reports of fraud or of users sending material using a false e-mail address or users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages;
• To protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Website; or
• During emergencies, such as when we believe someone’s physical safety is at risk.
ERRORS, INACCURACIES, AND OMISSIONS
Occasionally there may be information on this Website that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information on this Website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors of our products that appear on this Website. We cannot guarantee that your monitor’s or device’s display of any color will be accurate.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES This Website may contain links to other websites that are not under the control of Libby Lane. We have and take no responsibility for the linked websites nor does linking constitute an endorsement of any linked website. Links are provided solely for the convenience and information of our customers.
If any one or more of the provisions of these terms and conditions or other document expressly incorporated herein by reference thereto, shall for any reason be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, such circumstance shall not affect any other provision of these terms and conditions or such other document, as the case may be, and these terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect and be construed as if such provision, to the extent that it is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, had never been contained herein or therein.
NON-WAIVERThe failure or delay or either party in the enforcement of the rights detailed in these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of the rights nor shall it be considered as a basis for estoppel either at equity or at law. Either such party may exercise its rights under these terms and conditions despite any delay or failure to enforce those rights at the time the cause of action or right or obligation arose.
Libby Lane LLC